20 Years of Strange Sounds
The year 2011 will be my 20th year composing strange music and releasing it mostly for free (previously I released on cassettes, now on the internet).
To mark this milestone, I kinda thought it’d be a fun thing to do to ask my comrades in underground music (whether you’re familiar with my music or not — whether we know each other or are not yet total BFFs) to extract sound samples from any of my releases over the last twenty years and tweak them however you like and re-assemble them into a musical work of your own invention. I’m looking less for “remixes” and more for imaginative and individual expressions made with collaged bits and chunks of my work (whether recognizable as such or not — in fact, manipulation, editing & effecting of source sounds is to be encouraged).
Most of my downloadable releases are CC licensed allowing derivative work, so you’re only limited by what you can think up. You can find links to almost everything I’ve ever done on my netlabel’s front page: http://vuzhmusic.com. A more comprehensive discography (including links to my work with Drone Forest) can be found on my bio page.
I guess this project is a bit like tooting my own horn, but what the hell? No one else will toot the damn thing. I may even just name the compilation “An All-Star Gala Tribute to the Enduring Genius of C. Reider”
I haven’t yet decided if that threat is a joke or not.
- Compilation will be a free-to-download release on Vuzh Music netlabel. It will be CC licensed (probably Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike)
- Submissions should be in high bitrate mp3 files (DON’T FORGET ID3 TAGS)
- Send me a link to where I can download the file when you’ve got one ready. My email address can be found at the contact link at the Vuzh Music website. You could also direct message me on Twitter, you can find me there as vuzhmusic.
- Keep your track(s?) under 10 minutes in length.
- Hoping to release in early 2011. Deadline
maybe February 1???EXTENDED to February 11.
- Everything is negotiable, including this sentence.
- Leave me a comment here if you want to participate… unless you like surprises, in which case just get the track to me before the deadline!
- Guys! I’m already thinking of extending the deadline, and no one’s even asked me yet!